Recently a customer contracted Holzmacher Electric to replace two bathroom exhaust fans. During our safety inspection, we discovered that his existing air conditioner disconnects need to be replaced for safety reasons. One disconnect was severely rusted with corrosion on the wiring terminals. The second disconnect was in even worse condition. There was no interior cover plate, so live 240 volt wiring was exposed! Additionally, the disconnect pull out was broken, creating the potential for a shock hazard or overheating and damage to the air conditioning unit.
Holzmacher Electric replaced the two disconnects and now the customer is safety compliant and no longer has a risk of possible shock or damage to his air conditioning units.